Sunday 23 February 2014

Teeth whitening

Hiii!

Like most people, I want lovely sparkly white teeth so started looking for ways I could do this at home and not have to pay hundreds at the dentist. I saw several people suggesting the bicarbonate of sofa method...



Basically, you take 1/2 a teaspoon of bicarb and mix it with either lemon juice/water to make a thick paste the same consistency as tooth paste. You literally use the bicarb lemon paste as you would tooth paste and scrub your teeth with your toothbrush! It tastes awful and leaves your mouth a bit grainy but once you wash it out with water, the taste goes and leaves your mouth lovely and clean.

I don't know whether I brush to hard or incorrectly but the day after, my gums are a little sore although that stops after a while. It's not the best thing to do to your teeth as they way the bicarbonate whitens then is to basically slightly sand the very top layer off your teeth. DO NOT do this more then once a week as excessive brushing using this method could damage your teeth!

I've only been doing this for a couple of weeks so cannot see a huge difference yet but I will do a comparison in colour after another couple of weeks usage.

Have any of you tried this whitening method before and if so, did it work for you?!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie,

    Such a great idea, im definitely gonna be trying this out. dont want to be spending hundreds of pounds on these treatments if i can get it from tescos haha...

    I nominated you for the liebster award, check out my link http://northernhannah.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html (Sorry if you've already done it!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to try this, teeth whitening is so expensive!! Would love if you could check out my blog :)

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete