Monday 17 February 2014

Lets play house!

So, i've recently moved into a lovely 3 bedroom house - an upgrade from my little flat! But, with more rooms comes the need for more furniture to fill it. The house is a new build so as you can imagine, cream walls, cream carpets, cream everything! For a while now, its just felt like a big blank canvas waiting for some creativity to swarm through it. I don't want to make any quick decisions on the decorating only to change my mind in a couple of months and have to re-do it all. Having lived in the house for the past few months, I think I can now make a better decision on how to make our house a home!


This is the master bedroom - my bedroom. The colour scheme I have gone for is neutral gold and dark purple which brightens up the room really well whilst adding a cosiness. The wallpaper I decided on was on the left (there is a subtle sparkle to it in the flesh!)

Although the living room should be next on the list, the spare room seems to to have cropped to the top. Our lovely bed has just arrived (which was a total bargain) and the rest of the furniture was recycled from the flat. Im going for a simple black and white theme to try and make the room look as big as possible. This is the sort of thing i'm going for. Simple. Plain. Effective.


I've been really into candles since moving as I think they give off a nice warm snuggly vibe. I bought a couple of small fish bowls which I half filled with popery and added a small church candle into the middle of. There position either side of the TV and look lovely lit in the evening. Over christmas, I went to a housey shop and got some grey candles for the bathroom. They look gorgeous on there diamonte mirror plate on the window cill when relaxing in an OTT bubble bath.


I would really love to hear about your decorating experiences and get some inspiration.

xx

4 comments:

  1. Your rooms look so cute!

    http://theseprettylittlethingsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new house looks so lovely. It's such fun moving in to your own place- I loved moving in to mine. Also, the candles- so true about the "snuggly" vibe. My favourite addition to the "snugginess" is fairy lights- I have them everywhere, and it gives the house a kind of magical feel- I know it sounds silly, but my boyfriend even admitted he loves them too!

    www.jessiesjuicyjargon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete